Monday, August 18, 2014

Bout of Books 11: Goals

Whoa! Okay! I almost forgot that Bout of Books starts today! But that's okay...I was needing some reading motivation today!

Right now I'm in the middle of several books that I'm feeling sort of apathetic toward. That's not really a recipe for reading success. So, for this readathon, I want to focus on finishing these books and getting excited about them again. And maybe starting some fun new books!

Here's my little currently-reading pile:




From the top to the bottom:

Dreams in a Time of War: I was really excited to start this one but it's not really a page-turner. It's interesting, though, and I really want to finish it. I have about 70 pages left, so I should be able to get through it this week.
Aurora Leigh: I have this one on my Nook, which is why my Nook is sitting there instead of an actual book. I was really excited to start this one, but I'm reading the free version on my Nook, which has a LOT of errors. Normally it wouldn't make that much difference, but since it's a poem, just one mistake here and there make it hard to follow exactly what's going on. I may have to rely on Cliff Notes or something to make sure I'm getting the story right (or I might just have to check the real book out of the library--but I really want to use my Nook more...).
Marie Antoinette: I was reading this for my last readathon, remember? And I'm still in the middle of it. It's long and dense. I'm still very interested in it, but I've gotten to the much more depressing part in the thick of the French Revolution, and some of the details are pretty horrible. So I've had trouble picking it up. But I'm very close to finishing--only about 60 more pages--so I really want to get it all finished this week.
Raising Resilient Children: I've been reading this one for quite a while and I haven't been super into it the last couple weeks. I'd like to finish this one too, or at least make good progress.
The Da Vinci Code: I borrowed this one from my husband's grandmother; I decided to start reading it because I wasn't very interested in my other books. Ha, ha. It's interesting, but I haven't gotten very far in it yet. I'm sure I could finish it this week.

I have a few books on my shelf that I would love to be able to start, too, if I can get a few of these finished. It might be a bit of a slog at first, but hopefully I'll recover my enthusiasm for these books, too.

So! My official goals:

1. Finish Dreams in a Time of War, Marie Antoinette, and Raising Resilient Children.
2. Make good progress on Aurora Leigh and The Da Vinci Code.
3. Start one new book and make good progress.

I enjoyed posting the updates last time (although you were probably bored by them), so I'll do it again this time, although I'll try to keep them shorter, hah.

1 comment:

  1. I need to read this Marie-Antoinette! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete