Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Bout of Books!

I meant to do this ages ago, and then it just didn't happen. But here it is now!


Like many of you, I always get super excited about Bout of Books. I don't know why I like it particularly better than other readathons; maybe because more people participate and I feel a greater sense of community.

Anyway. I know I'm signing up a little late, but I actually did do some reading yesterday! In fact, I sacrificed my comfort by making myself carsick by reading in the car all day.

**Little Personal Update** I've been just a little MIA on the blog for the last few days because I just went on a big trip for a family reunion. 13-hour car drive, each way. The reunion was super fun, but it's good to be back.

I was really excited to find out that the Bout of Books was this particular week, because my summer classes are over and my fall classes won't start for about ten more days. Perfect week for a readathon! So even though I kind of missed the first day, I'm super excited for all the reading I'll be able to get done in the next 6 days.

Here are the books on my plate for this Bout of Books:



Make the Bread, Buy the Butter: What You Should and Shouldn't Cook from Scratch--Over 120 Recipes for the Best Homemade Foods by Jennifer Reese--I'm practically done with this one already, and I expect to be making some reading treats from it this week!
Bleak House by Charles Dickens--If this chunkster is all I finish this week, I'll be more than happy. (I watched most of the recent BBC adaptation with my mom on the drive, and it's certainly motivated me to read it more!)
Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote--My spin book :)
How to Cook Without a Book by Pam Anderson--I got this one out of the library and I don't know that I'll read it straight through, but I will enjoy perusing it this week.
Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls--I bet I could finish it this week if I read a chapter with my husband every night.
The Sunne in Splendour by Sharon Kay Penman--My mom loaned me this and I'm super excited to start it, but I'm going to wait until after I finish Bleak House, so I may not get to it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment