Friday, August 23, 2013

Bout of Books: Mad Libs


I decided to do my first challenge today! It's hosted by Shaunesay at The Space Between. I decided to do this one because unlike other challenges in this and other readathons, it seems fairly easy and still fun. It's Mad Libs! What could be more fun than Mad Libs?

Basically, answers have to come from a book title or be a character in a book. I don't have to actually own the books, but I do want to use books I've read, if possible. So here goes!



A. Place name or type: The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
B. Fave Villain: Iago from Othello by William Shakespeare
C. Adjective: Bleak House by Charles Dickens
D. Number: Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China by Jung Chang
E. Noun: The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
F. Fave hero/heroine you wouldn't mind spending a LOT of time with: Juliet Ashton from The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
G. Dessert: Chocolate: A Bittersweet Saga of Dark and Light by Mort Rosenblum

Now for the story! (If you want to participate in Bookish Mad Libs and you haven't yet, I recommend that you don't read this next part so you can appreciate the surprise when you do your own!)

"Help! I'm being held captive in Paris by Iago!
It is very bleak here!
He is demanding three hedgehogs to set me free!
I have just discovered that Juliet Ashton was captured too!
On second thought, please send chocolate, and don't worry if you don't hear from us for a while!

Much love,
Emily"

Fun, fun. :)

1 comment: