Sunday, August 4, 2013

15-Day Book Blogger Challenge - Day 2

Click on the picture to check out the challenge and participate!

After I got married, it became well-nigh impossible for me to have a bedtime reading ritual. At the end of the day, all I want to do is spend time with my husband, not shut him out by reading. (And he's not big into reading, so he wouldn't just happily pick up a book of his own.) Maybe in five years a bedtime reading ritual will be a thing for me, but for now it's just not happening.

But when I do read in bed, I read aloud with my husband. We read books that interest both of us. Right now we're in the middle of Where the Red Fern Grows. Usually I read, but sometimes he reads. He tends to read reeeeally fast, picking up speed until I can't understand what he's saying. It's so funny! We like to do voices and fake accents for the characters. We usually only read a chapter or less a night, since we tend to go to bed late all the time, but at least we're reading.

1 comment:

  1. What fun! I have no bedtime reading ritual. I write in my journal if I'm awake enough, and that's it. I do read in the morning when I first get up, though.

    ReplyDelete