Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Has the first half of the year been worth it?!

I've been reviewing the books I've read so far this year recently, and I saw this meme over at She Is Too Fond of Books (meme was created elsewhere, but I was unable to find the specific meme) and I thought I'd give it a shot, just for fun. 

Number of Books Read: 25 (seems like hardly any, but it's right on track with my goal to read 50 books this year, so I'm going to try to stop comparing myself to all the other incredible bloggers and consider myself accomplished.) 


Number of Books Bought: I've bought 8 of my own free will, plus others that I was compelled to buy for my classes that I don't care to add up at this moment. :) 


Number of Books from Library: 18


Fiction/Non-Fiction Ratio: 9 fiction / 16 non-fiction (wow, I was so surprised by this! I knew I'd read a lot of non-fiction this year, but I didn't realize I was neglecting the fiction so much!) 


Male/Female Authors: 12 male / 13 female (surprised that this was so even on both sides! I feel well-rounded, hah)


Re-reads: Just one: Eat, Pray, Love


Biggest turn-around in opinion: I don't know what this means, so I'll skip it...


Oldest book read: A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare (1596)


Newest book read: All Roads Lead to Austen by Amy Elizabeth Smith (June 1, 2012)


Shortest title: Night by Elie Wiesel


Longest title: The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun [an absolutely unnecessarily long title] by Gretchen Rubin


Books in translation: 2


Most books by one author: No two books by the same author! (I feel even more well-rounded)


Place names in book titles: The Paris Wife, Versailles: A Biography of a Palace, My Life in France (coincidence that they are all in France? I think not.)


Animals in book titles: The Jackrabbit Factor; Animal, Vegetable, Miracle


Colors in book titles: Like Water for Chocolate (does that count? That's all I have)


Strange things that happened in the books I read: Certainly the strangest occurred in Like Water for Chocolate and A Midsummer Night's Dream (probably because they were the only two of my 9 fiction books that had any element of fantasy in them).

Fun! It's interesting to look back on half a year of books. I feel like I should have read more. Well--just more motivation to get reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment