Monday, April 8, 2013

Literary Heroes and Heroines

Here's the meme question for this month:

Who is hands-down the best literary hero, in your opinion? Likewise, who is the best heroine? 
That's a toughie. The best literary hero, I would have to say, is Jean Valjean from Les Miserables. He is just way too amazing to be passed up by any other literary hero. Enough said.

Literary heroine is a little bit harder. Jane Eyre would be a good choice, of course. Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird is pretty great, too. And I really love both Scarlett and Melanie from Gone With the Wind. And then there's Jo in Little Women. And Margaret Hale in North and South. All great in different ways.

What do you think? Which literary heroes and heroines are the best?

2 comments:

  1. It's so hard to choose! I do have a soft spot for Margaret Hale but Marian Halcombe from The Woman in White is without doubt the winner for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read The Woman in White, but now I have to, of course! I really like books with strong female characters.

      Delete