Monday, January 14, 2013

Chunkster Challenge 2013

Well, I've surprised myself by how quickly I'm already getting through the few challenges I signed up for for 2013. Looks like the challenges I signed up for are going to be quite a breeze (except for the Back to the Classics Challenge). I'm beginning to think I might already be all the way through my challenges by June (or earlier)!

Well, the whole point of challenges is to be challenging, after all, so I've decided to enter another one that will help with that:


And I'm going to sign up for *deep breath* Level 3, which is:



Do These Books Make my Butt Look Big? - this option is for the reader who can't resist bigger and bigger books and wants to commit to SIX Chunksters from the following categories: 2 books which are between 450 - 550 pages in length2 books which are 551 - 750 pages in length2 books which are GREATER than 750 pages in length.

I was tempted to go with my typical timid response to a challenge by committing to the lowest possible level, but I really do want a challenge. And I really want to keep up with the more difficult books on my Classics Club list. So here are my plans for each category (which are completely subject to change, by the way): 


450 - 550 pages: 

Great Expectations (Charles Dickens) 
Ivanhoe (Walter Scott)

551 - 750 pages: 

Pamela (Samuel Richardson)
To the Rescue: The Biography of Thomas S. Monson (Heidi Swinton)

Greater than 750 pages: 

Bleak House (Charles Dickens)

1 comment: